World’s tallest solar PV-installation
The solar array is at the elevation of 737 feet, making the building the tallest in the world with a solar PV-installation on its roof.
Mage Solar’s Powertec Plus modules are part of a 122.4 kW rooftop PV-installation in Manhattan. The solar array is at the elevation of 737 feet, making the building the tallest in the world with a solar PV-installation on its roof.
The installation on top of the 50-story commercial building in the heart of Manhattan was recently completed using the PV modules, which offer a 30-year 80% power output. The modules feature positive tolerances (0 to +5 Watts) so the system will produce with optimal efficiency for a maximum amount of time. BD+C
More like this
- 737-foot-high rooftop solar array powers 50-story Gotham skyscraper
- 9 Rooftop Photovoltaic Installation Tips
- Time-lapse video: World Trade Center, New York
- NEW BRIEFS: Voters reject peace center for Alcatraz... Feds fine contractors for Ground Zero hazards... Dubai Rose Rotana Tower tops list of 2007’s tallest buildings
- 9 rooftop photovoltaic installation tips