Wood Solutions Fair coming to Chicago in late October
WoodWorks, an educational initiative of the Wood Products Council, will hold their next annual Wood Solutions Fair in Chicago at the UIC Forum on October 29, 2009. The all-day event is a free, multi-faceted educational event for anyone who is considering using wood in non-residential buildings. Interested individuals will include:
• Engineers – Structural and Civil
• Building Designers
• Building Officials
• Construction Technologists
The Wood Solutions Fair will feature seminars on topics such as safety and durability, code issues and green building. Attendees will also have access to wood design experts for additional information or one-on-one support. The fair will provide in-depth and practical information that can be applied to projects immediately.
WoodWorks is an approved AIA provider. Eligible attendees will qualify for a maximum of six HSW credits (one per attended seminar). Professional Development Certificates and AIA CES forms will be available on site.
For more information, visit http://www.woodworks.org/educationTraining/northcentral/newsEvents10290902.
More like this
- DLR Group planning Santa Cruz County Justice and Detention Center
- Help Wanted: Architect for $100 million 'Discovery Park' in Union City, Tennessee
- Center for the Polyurethanes Industry of the American Chemistry Council issues call for papers for the Polyurethanes 2009 Technical Conference, October 5-7, 2009, in Fort Washington, Md.
- Green building's golden chance
- Career development, workplace environment programs key to retention at HMC Architects