Winners of the 2011 eVolo Skyscraper Competition
Winners of the eVolo 2011 Skyscraper Competition include a high-rise recycling center in New Delhi, India, a dome-like horizontal skyscraper in France that harvests solar energy and collects rainwater, and the Hoover Dam reimagined as an inhabitable skyscraper.
Established in 2006, the annual Skyscraper Competition recognizes outstanding ideas that redefine skyscraper design through the use of new technologies, materials, programs, aesthetics, and spatial organizations, along with studies on globalization, flexibility, adaptability, and the digital revolution.
More like this
- Flat tower green building concept the un-skycraper
- Satellier, Potential + Semac close investment deal
- Bubble skyscraper design aims to purify drinking water
- Nashville tower to be one of the world's most energy efficient skyscrapers
- Project of the Week: $1 billion, single-family high-rise (with parking for 160 cars)