Waste Management awards companies for sustainable construction
This recognition, highlighting sustainable performances within the construction industry, looks to celebrate the builders who achieved important sustainability milestones in 2011, as determined by Waste Management’s online Diversion and Recycling Tracking Tool.
With construction customers across North America, Waste Management is today honoring 10 companies with its inaugural Sustainability Circle of Excellence Award. This recognition, highlighting sustainable performances within the construction industry, looks to celebrate the builders who achieved important sustainability milestones in 2011, as determined by Waste Management’s online Diversion and Recycling Tracking Tool (DART).
DART, launched in May 2011, tracks information related to construction projects, including the amount of material diverted from a landfill to a recycling facility, as well as the types of materials put to reuse. Information on the portal is updated daily to track the environmental performances of the nation’s top builders. The winning companies diverted the highest total tonnage from a landfill to a recycling facility in the year 2011 (starting when DART was launched). Those companies include:
- Big-D Construction Corporation - Jack Livingood
- JE Dunn Construction Company - Terrence Dunn
- Gibson-Lewis - Rob Lingenfelter
- Balfour Beatty Construction - Robert Van Cleave
- Skanska USA, Inc. - Michael F. McNally
- James H. Cone, Inc. - James H. Cone Jr.
- The Walsh Group - Matthew Walsh
- Rockwell Corporation - Raul Ramos
- Nabholz Construction - Bill Hannah
In recognition of this award, each recipient will receive a set of items that represent their shared commitment to the environment, as well as a personal congratulatory letter from Waste Management President and CEO, David Steiner. For information on the Sustainability Circle of Excellence Awards, please visit wm.com/dart. BD+C
More like this
- McDonald’s headquarters among world's greenest buildings
- Perkins+Will designs 100 LEED Certified buildings
- USGBC L.A. Chapter's Green Gala to feature Jason McLennan as keynote speaker
- CertainTeed strengthens commitment to quality, achieves ISO 9001 certification at Georgia roofing plant
- Construction waste management