Upscale apartments offer residents a twist on modern history
The Goodwynn at Town: Brookhaven, a 433,300-sf residential and retail building in DeKalb County, Ga., combines a historic look with modern amenities. Atlanta-based project architect Niles Bolton Associates used contemporary materials in historic patterns and colors on the exterior, while concealing a six-level parking structure on the interior. The project features EnergyStar appliances, bath fans, windows, and lighting fixtures, and an energy-efficient reflective roof. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency chose the building to take part in its EnergyStar High Rise Pilot program.
More like this
- GSA signs lease for temporary housing during headquarters modernization
- National Synchrotron Light Source II achieves LEED Gold
- Schoolhouse warehouse opens in Atlanta
- Suffolk Construction selected as contractor for Boston luxury residential tower
- New office designs at San Diego’s Sunroad Corporate Center