University building gets revamped, reused
KSS Architects of Philadelphia is designing the addition and renovation to SUNY Cortland's Studio West, a 43,000-sf metal panel and brick building dating to 1948. The 20,000-sf, two-story addition will become the Professional Studies Building, housing the consolidated departments of Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Studies; Communications Disorders and Sciences; and Kinesiology and Sports Management, among others. Abundant indoor and outdoor gathering spaces are part of the revamped and expanded facility, which is targeting LEED Silver certification. The project broke ground in mid-October and is expected to be completed in early 2011.
More like this
- Opening night close for Kent State performing arts center
- Polshek Partnership unveils design for University of North Texas business building
- University of Florida's traditionally modern graduate building
- Architecture firms NELSON and H2L2 announce merger
- Perkins+Will master plans Vedanta University teaching hospital in India