Two of the three towers designed for the Plaza Irvine in Irvine, Calif., have been completed. The 15-story luxury towers—Plaza I and Plaza II—provide two-story penthouse townhome condominiums on the top two floors and single-story condos below, and each tower has a business center, fitness center, swimming pool, and clubroom. Designed by MVE & Partners, Oakland, Calif., the structural cores of the buildings were designed to withstand earthquakes, with floors cantilevered from the central core, so that the exteriors of the structures could be relatively free of perimeter support beams and columns.
Two of three planned luxury condo towers open in Irvine, Calif.
October 01, 2008 |
More like this
- Design firm KTGY of Irvine, Calif., earns Terner Prize from UC Berkeley for Nuevo Amanecer Apartments project in Pajaro, Calif.
- New resort-style luxury apartment complex opens at the Platinum Triangle in Orange County, Calif.
- Irvine, Calif., Design firm KTGY wins Best of 50+ Housing Gold Award for best affordable senior apartment community
- Office Park Planned for Carlsbad, Calif.
- CHPS Verified green school planned in American Canyon, Calif.