Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for Biologics Support Center
Project receives LEED Gold Certification.
Thornton Tomasetti announced the Genzyme Corporation Biologics Support Center in Framingham, Mass., received LEED Gold Certification. Fore Solutions, the green building consulting company acquired by Thornton Tomasetti in 2012, provided LEED consulting services for the project.
The 180,000-sf, six-story laboratory was completed in 2011 as part of the master expansion plan for the corporate campus.
The Genzyme Corporation Biologics Support Center is an early-stage research laboratory that uses technology in proteins, antibodies, and cell and gene therapy to find cures for cancers, heart disease and other diseases.
Incorporating design features to comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Labs 21 program, the building includes a high-tech chilled beam cooling system and uses glass to maximize natural light and reduce energy costs.
The new Biologics Support Center uses approximately 43% less water and 28% less energy than a standard code compliant building. BD+C
More like this
- Gensler, Stantec, Turner lead ‘green’ firms
- Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for renovation at Tufts School of Dental Medicine
- Thornton Tomasetti acquires green consulting firm Fore Solutions
- November 2011: New Projects Portfolio
- Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for Phase I of Acadia Gateway Center