Taipei 101 seeks to claim world’s tallest green building title
Taipei 101, also known as the Taipei Financial Center, previously was the world’s tallest building at 509.2 meters prior to construction of the 828-meter Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Now the Taiwanese tower is hoping to claim another world’s tallest crown: tallest green building. The 101-story tower is targeting LEED platinum EB, which officials hope to earn by June 2011.
More like this
- TAIPEI 101, World’s Greenest Skyscraper
- Silicones from Dow Corning solve high-altitude technical challenges at the world’s tallest tower
- Burj Dubai is now second tallest building in the world
- Construction on Beijing's tallest building starts next week
- Thornton Tomasetti selected as structural engineer for Kingdom Tower