State College of Denver adding hotel and hospitality learning center
Mortenson Construction, project architect RNL, and Metropolitan State College of Denver have started construction on an on-campus hotel and hospitality learning center.
The project will feature a 150-room Spring Hill Suites by Marriott, a 28,000-sf academic space, and a 5,000-sf meeting and conference area. Sage Hospitality will manage the hotel. A special purpose corporation was formed for the center that provides financing, construction, operation, and management support. The project’s operating proceeds will go to the Metro State Foundation for scholarships and academic program support. Estimated completion: August 2012.
More like this
- UCSF medical facility to use ‘smart’ technology, meet LEED Gold
- New York City develops affordable housing complex on Queens waterfront
- Daniel Libeskind designs Poland’s tallest building
- Outpatient care and R&D center to serve Chicago suburb
- Irish-inspired design featured in Almac Group’s North American headquarters in Philadelphia