SOM’s Baker receives honorary doctorate in engineering from Heriot-Watt University
Baker recognized for his career and influential contribution in the field of structural engineering.
William F. Baker, Partner in Charge of Structural Engineering for Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLP (SOM), has been named honorary Doctor of Engineering by Heriot-Watt University in recognition of his career and influential contribution in the field of structural engineering.
“There are only a select number of engineers in the world that can truly say they have designed structures that have a global impact….Bill is one of those engineers,” Professor Peter Woodward, (and Head of Heriot Watt’s Institute for Infrastructure and Environment) says. “Bill’s philosophy of pushing the boundaries with new, innovative technologies and techniques aligns closely with our own aspirations for our graduates.”
This is Baker’s second honorary degree. He also received an honorary doctorate in engineering from the University of Stuttgart (Germany) in 2011. +
More like this
- SOM's William F. Baker awarded Fritz Leonhardt Prize for achievement in structural engineering
- New York Times building, Shanghai World Financial Center among 'Best Tall Building' award winners
- SOM Foundation announces prize recipients for 2012
- Biography of William D. Browning
- SOM launches Los Angeles design studio