San Antonio animal hospital earns LEED Platinum certification
Middleman Construction Company builds the cityʼs first commercial building to earn certification.
Middleman Construction Company has built the San Antonioʼs first commercial building to earn the highest recognition for energy efficiency and sustainability – LEED Platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. The project is the Eagle Veterinary Hospital in Olmos Park, Texas.
Through various measures, the energy savings at the building are close to 50% compared with a conventional building. Features include tubular daylight systems for lighting; solar panels generating more than 30% of the electricity for the building; three 3,100-gallon cisterns to collect rain and condensate water for non-potable use inside and outside the building; a majority of the building components were manufactured from recycled materials. BD+C
More like this
- DOE releases guide for 50% more energy-efficient office buildings
- DOE announces guide for 50% more energy efficient retail buildings
- Leggat McCall/Commodore Builders/O’Hagan “15 Days” earns LEED Platinum
- TAIPEI 101, World’s Greenest Skyscraper
- Chapter 4 Business Case for High-Performance Reconstructed Buildings