RJM Construction begins building Nova Classical Academy in St. Paul
As the general contractor, RJM is constructing the 94,000-sf building that will consolidate the St. Paul school’s two other locations.
St. Louis Park, Minn.-based RJM Construction recently began building the new Nova Classical Academy building near I-35E and West 7th Street at 1455 Victoria Way in St. Paul, Minn.
As the general contractor, RJM is constructing the 94,000-sf building that will consolidate the St. Paul school’s two other locations. With a move-in date of August 2012, the new location for the kindergarten through 12th grade school will include a three-story classroom wing, a central commons area and a wing for the gymnasium and music program.
RJM Construction began pre-construction planning in August, managing the design-build project and overseeing the development of the construction budget and schedule. The plans include preparing the commons area roof structure to support a green roof and terrace, as well as readying the roof over the classroom wing for solar energy panels.
In addition to RJM, the project team includes Charter Schools Development Corporation, Rivera Architecture, BKBM Engineers as the structural engineer and Rehder & Associates as the civil engineer. BD+C
More like this
- New health center to focus on education and awareness
- McCarthy completes construction of South Region High School No. 2 in Los Angeles
- $70 million Westminster Christian Academy in St. Louis set to open early
- Achieving Educational Excellence with Greater Comfort in Hudson, Iowa
- Courtyard connects new and remodeled schools