At risk for nine types of natural disasters, Texas trails most coastal states on building codes
Texas has the most diverse weather risk in the country, with exposure to nine different types of natural disasters.
Texas has the most diverse weather risk in the country, with exposure to nine different types of natural disasters. Yet,Texas trails most coastal states when it comes to instituting and enforcing building codes, according to a residential building code analysis by the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS). Texas scored lower than all but two of the 18 states along the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Coast.
More like this
- Task force to examine resiliency in the face of climate change
- AIA partners with industry groups to launch $30,000 'Designing Recovery' design competition
- Passive Strategies for Building Healthy Schools, An AIA/CES Discovery Course
- New natural disaster center to open
- 13 structural steel buildings that dazzle