Residences bring students, faculty together in the Middle East
A new residence complex is in design for United Arab Emirates University in Al Ain, UAE, near Abu Dhabi. Plans for the 120-acre mixed-use development include 710 clustered townhomes and apartments for students and faculty and common areas for community activities. Buildings are designed for sustainability in the desert heat, with north-south orientations to catch breezes and sun-screening elements for homes and pathways. Roof decks provide opportunities for private retreat and can be used for entertaining or sleeping in the cool desert night. The master plan includes the addition of parks, retail spaces, and places of worship. MVE Institutional is designing the project.
More like this
- Abu Dhabi Skyscraper Will be Tallest in Town
- Goettsch Partners opens new Abu Dhabi office
- Hill International Selected as Project Manager for Abu Dhabi Future School Program
- Environmental Systems Design expands presence in the Middle East
- GREC Architects announces opening of the Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort and Spa