Public sector pushes sustainable building forward
Not usually noted for its innovation, the public sector has done the most to advance sustainable building, according to a recent panel of green building professionals. Construction of hospitals, schools, and public utilities often goes beyond compliance baselines and builds with a longer structural life in mind. The public sector also sees investment in green building technologies as cost-efficient in the long run.
More like this
- Chapter 3 How Building Technologies Contribute to Reconstruction Advances
- AIA: A clear difference, new developments in load-bearing glass
- Chapter 10 Action Plan: 18 Recommendations for Advancing Sustainability in Reconstructed Buildings
- City of Portland awards total of $425,000 to six green building developments
- Design Criteria for Windows + Doors