Project Aims to Automate Code Compliance Assessment
FIATECH, a consortium of owners from the industrial, power, and retail markets that build large structures, launched a project this year to validate the use of automation technology for code compliance assessment, and to accelerate the regulatory approval process using building models. Long-term objectives include the development of an extensive, open-source rule set library that is approved by industry and regulatory bodies for use by technology developers and code officials.
More like this
- Nation's first set of green building model codes and standards announced
- Chapter 10 Action Plan: 18 Recommendations for Advancing Sustainability in Reconstructed Buildings
- High-Performance Building Systems: Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Systems
- Chapter 6 Energy Codes + Reconstructed Buildings: 2012 and Beyond
- Code allowance offers retailers and commercial building owners increased energy savings and reduced construction costs