One World Trade Center tower will feature 2,000 pieces of ultra-clear glass
The podium wall system on Tower One of the One World Trade Center in New York City will feature more than 2,000 pieces of Starphire ultra-clear glass. Chosen for its high clarity levels up to one inch thick, the glass uses a low-iron formulation that makes it as transparent as possible. PPG Industries will supply glass in 10-mm, 12-mm and 25-mm thicknesses for the 185-foot-tall podium base wall.
More like this
- Fire rated glass with clarity for door, window, and wall applications up to 2 hours
- Mexico’s first LEED Platinum office building cuts energy use with solar-control glass
- Energy-efficient glass to help center become one of the first certified ‘Living Buildings’
- PPG to help inaugurate Greater Philadelphia Innovation Cluster (GPIC)
- Guardian DiamondGuard installed in the Empire State Building