Aircraft-grade aluminum doors secure Hispanic network facility in Brooklyn
The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network (HITN) boosted production capabilities with the completion of a $12 million facility at Brooklyn (N.Y.) Navy Yard. When Philippe Bentegea, in-house consultant for HITN, needed a solution for the facility’s 16x24-foot doorways, Wilson Premier vertical bi-folding doors proved fitting. With frames constructed of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum—40% lighter than steel—and translucent polycarbonate skins that allow for natural light, HITN’s doors proved to be both lightweight and heavy-duty, providing the privacy and security Bentegea was looking for.
More like this
- Skanska’s Safety Week at top of ladder
- SimplexGrinnell earns certified status in Microsoft Partner Program for 9th year in a row
- Siemens introduces flexible, scalable fire systems
- Tyco completes separation process, now largest pure-play fire protection and security business
- ASHRAE publishes paper on HVAC and airborne diseases