Air curtains underline environmental message at organic grocery store
Natural and organic grocery store Market of Choice in Eugene, Ore., employs energy-saving air curtains on front and back doorways to provide indoor air comfort, increase energy savings, and fight insect infestation. The stainless steel Zephyr and MaxAir air curtains from Berner International, New Castle, Pa., match the modern interior and promote the store’s environmental message. A switch triggered when doors open activates the air curtains, and special technology draws interior air from the facility and discharges it through field-adjustable linear nozzles, sealing the doorway with nonturbulent air streams. Eugene-based Revolution Electric installed the air curtains and trained store managers in their use.
More like this
- Albertson's grocery saves energy with solid-state lighting, occupancy sensors
- WattStopper contributes freezer case occupancy sensor to DOE study
- Sustainable features of the first green Wal-Mart
- Lillis Business Complex, University of Oregon
- Code allowance offers retailers and commercial building owners increased energy savings and reduced construction costs