In today’s integrated BIM projects, where does design end and construction begin?
The Summer BIMForum, July 19-20 at the Swissotel in Chicago , will focus on how BIM is used to find the optimal balance of allowing the best decisions to be made at the most appropriate time without impacting construction costs and schedules and how this is shifting when design ends and construction begins. The conference will address some of the following important questions:
* How does BIM technology affect the cost and schedule implications of late decisions?
* Do late design decisions always adversely affect a project budget and schedule?
* Can all factors that affect design and cost be known early in a project?
* Are legacy project phases applicable in integrated design and construction?
* Are clients willing to pay for additional early design effort by “non-designers”?
* Where does traditional design leave off and spatial coordination begin?
* When does spatial coordination morph into design?
* How can contractors and designers find common ground for design and coordination?
BIM Forum Chicago will take place June 19 and 20th at the Swissotel Chicago. Fees: $425 before 6/16/2011; $550 after 6/16/2011
Register here .
To Reserve a Room go here .
For a schedule of events go here .