In first quarter 2010, the Green Guide for Health Care, in collaboration with Practice Greenhealth, is launching a one-year Green Guide for Health Care Operations Pilot Program for healthcare organizations engaged in any or all aspects of green operations initiatives, based on Green Guide v2.2 Operations section.
In first quarter 2010, the Green Guide for Health Care , in collaboration with Practice Greenhealth, is launching a one-year Green Guide for Health Care Operations Pilot Program for healthcare organizations engaged in any or all aspects of green operations initiatives, based on Green Guide v2.2 Operations section. The intent of the Operations Pilot is to create a learning community of peers to share best practices across the different areas that comprise sustainable health care operations using web-based tools and resources, and to facilitate market transformation as the Green Guide evolves to meet the sustainability guidance needs of the healthcare community. Benefits of participation include recognition on the Green Guide website as an early adopter, a leadership role in shaping new tool development, and enhanced access to professional services. Participation may be confidential upon request.
Our initial announcements were made during three Green Guide-related events at the Health Care Design 2009 Conference, November 1-3, 2009.
* Designing the Regenerative Hospital (Pre-Conference Workshop)
* Taking "Green" into Hospital Operations (Roundtable)
* Reducing Healthcare Impacts on Climate Change (Roundtable)
The Green Guide Operations Pilot program will include a representative cross-section of Green Guide Operations projects. Selection into the program will be based on size and type of health care facility, geographic location and focused areas within the Revised GGHC Operations Section (released December 2008). The Operations Pilot project team will consist of Kumkum M. Dilwali (Senior Director, Green Guide, Project Manager), Janet Brown (Vice President Facility Engagement, Practice Green Health), and Lorissa McAllister (Practice Leader, Progressive AE), with overall program guidance by the Green Guide Co-Coordinators, Robin Guenther, Walt Vernon and Gail Vittori.
* Be an active member of an on-line Operations Pilot learning community. Participate in Pilot only teleconferences and focus groups – learn from your peers and industry experts.
* Track Operations Section(s) of interest to assess credit achievability, share best practices, overcome barriers and challenges, and celebrate your progress
* Stay connected to pilot program participants via a dedicated Operations Pilot portal on the new Green Guide website
For an Expression of Interest application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please direct all Green Guide inquiries to email@example.com