Lightfair International 2002, held in San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center, June 2-5, broke all previous Lightfair attendance records for San Francisco and featured the largest number of exhibiting manufacturers and booths for San Francisco to date. More than 14,600 architectural, design, engineering and end user professionals attended the show, while the exhibit hall featured 553 vendors, occupying over 1,156 booths.
Award winners announced
Winners of the new product showcase, images award and best booth award were announced shortly after the show.
Winners of the new product showcase award included:
* Best New product of the year: Lumiere Monaco 2002 by Lumiere/Brand of Cooper Lighting
* Design excellence: Lightedge by Peerless Lighting
* Technical innovation: Accessmount by Accessmount LLC
* Energy: Occusmart-Voyager Series by Lamar Lighting Co. Inc.
* Roeder Award: iColor Accent by Color Kinetics Inc.
* Judges Citation Award: The Task-Rite line of DALI compatible controls by Starfield Controls, Inc.
* Judges Citation Award: PCA Excel Compact Fluorescent Ballast by Tridonic Inc.
* Best of category award for Incandescent Lamps Category: Halogena Flood and Spot by Philips Lighting Company
* Best of category award for Fluorescent Lamps Category: Sylvania Octron Curvalume XPS Ecological by Osram Sylvania -- Lamp Division
* Best of category award for HID Lamps Category: 350-watt ConstantColor CMH SPXX by GE Lighting
* Best of category award for Specialty Lamps Category: Luxeon Star 5-Watt by Lumileds Lighting
* Best of category award for Downlights, Wallwashers & Accent Lights Category: Hole-In-the-Ceiling by Engineered Lighting Products
* Best of category award for Tracklighting, Low Voltage Cable and Rail Systems Category: Track Lighting Series by Juno Lighting Inc.
* Best of category award for Troffers, Commercial Recessed and Surface Fixtures Category: Lumex by Prescolite
* Best of category award for Decorative Sconces, Chandeliers, Ceiling, Table and Task Lamps Category: Fontana by Zaneen Lighting Systems
* Best of category award for Site and Roadway Lighting Category: FARO by Hessamerica
* Best of category award for Landscape and Fountain Lighting Category: Bali High Light by Teka Illumination Inc.
* Best of category award for Fiber optic and Remote Source Lighting Category: Fiberstars EFO 6 WAY by Fiberstars Inc.
* Best of category award for Theatrical and Entertainment Lighting Category: Eclipse II Iris Dowser- Model 7230/23010 by Wybron Inc.
* Best of category award for Sports Lighting Category: Moire' Dual Pattern Rotator- Model 4610 by Wybron Inc.
* Best of category award for Vandal Resistant and Industrial Specialty Lighting Category: L-1820 Dark Sky Security Light by The Designers Edge
* Best of category award for Research, Publications and Software Category: AGI32 by Lighting Analysts Inc.
* Best of category award for Specialty Innovations Category: LLedge Edgelit Panel by LexaLite International Corp.
* Best of category award for Ballast and Transformers Category: PowerSelect II by Reliable Ballast Inc.
Winners of the image awards included:
* Attendance Promotion/ Direct Mail (single piece): Electronic Theatre Controls Inc.
* Attendance Promotion Campaign (multiple pieces): Light Guard
* On-site Promotional Giveaway: Electronic Theatre Controls Inc.
* Advertisement Promoting Your Presence at the Show: The Bodine Company; and Prescolite
Winners of the best booth awards included: Martin Professional, Xenon Light Inc., Leucos USA Inc. and Ivalo Lighting Inc.
Next year's event will be held May 5-8, 2003, in New York City at the Javits Convention Center.