Pilot ISO 50001 Implementations Report Big Energy Savings
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) recently published ISO 50001 to provide a recognized framework for integrating energy performance into management practices. ISO says it is "a single, harmonized standard for implementation across the organization with a logical and consistent methodology for identifying and implementing improvements."
Results from two pilot implementations included a 17.9% reduction in energy use at a Dow Chemical plant over two years; and energy savings of 14.9% per year by CCP, of Houston, TX, with no capital investment.
More like this
- Pilot ISO 50001 Implementations Report Big Energy Savings
- CertainTeed strengthens commitment to quality, achieves ISO 9001 certification at Georgia roofing plant
- Smart Technologies’ Calgary headquarters achieves LEED Gold
- Stantec publishes 2011 corporate Sustainability Report
- Union Bank’S San Diego HQ awarded LEED Gold