• New York-based architect Perkins Eastman has opened an office in Boston to accommodate increased business in the New England region. The new office will be headed by principal John R.A. Pears, RIBA, and associate principal Jana G. Silsby, AIA. Both recently joined Perkins Eastman from Steffian Bradley Architects, Boston.
• Paul Heflin, AIA, LEED AP, has joined Omaha, Neb.-based HDR Architecture as a senior principal for federal programs in the firm's Alexandria, Va., office. Heflin will be responsible for expanding HDR's work with a number of federal agencies, including the Department of Defense.
• Beverly Currin, IIDA, interior designer in the Orlando, Fla., office of VOA Associates, Chicago, has been promoted to VP.
• New York-based Thornton Tomasetti has promoted R. Wayne Stocks, PE, to SVP and principal and Mark Tamaro, PE, to principal in the firm's Washington, D.C., office. The firm also opened offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
• Boston-based Cubellis has named Henry Wong studio leader for the firm's hospitality practice group. Wong joins Cubellis from Perkowitz+Ruth Architects, Long Beach, Calif., where he established the firm's hospitality studio.
• The Jacksonville, Fla., office of Batson-Cook Co., West Point, Ga., has named Scott Hudson director of preconstruction services.
• RTKL Associates, Baltimore, has promoted Patrick F. McCurdy, AIA, to VP in the firm's healthcare group. McCurdy is a project manager and operations manager in RTKL's Los Angeles office. The firm also hired Frank Pettinati, AIA, LEED AP, to lead its Chicago-based workplace interiors group.
• Cannon Design, Grand Island, N.Y., has established Cannon Consulting, an initiative focused on providing healthcare institutions with support and tools beyond healthcare facility design. The practice will be headed by Mark A. Stinson, principal, Beth Swenson Radovanovich, AIA, associate principal, and Daina Pitzenberger, VP.
For more: www.BDCnetwork.com.