• Skanska has named Mike McNally president and CEO of its business unit, Skanska USA Building Inc., based in Parsippany, N.J.
• San Francisco-based MBT Architecture , a specialist in science and technology and higher education building design, has been acquired by Perkins+Will , Chicago.
• Irvine, Calif.-based Gkkworks has hired Mahmoud Mehrabian , AIA, as director of health care planning and design. Prior to joining Gkkworks, Mehrabian served as VP and project executive for Granary Associates , Philadelphia.
• Suffolk Construction , Boston, has opened an office in Falls Church, Va., continuing its strategy of rapid expansion and geographic diversification on a national level. Reginald Arnold , a 24-year construction veteran, was appointed president and GM of the new office.
• Former U.S. Ambassador to Denmark Richard N. Swett , FAIA, has joined Omaha, Neb.-based Leo A Daly as VP and managing principal of the firm’s Washington, D.C., office.
• Houston-based Walter P Moore has opened an office in El Paso, Texas, the firm’s tenth location. Lourdes Cardenas, P.E., will manage the new office.
• Atlanta-based Thompson, Ventulett, Stainback & Associates has named Anish Kumar managing principal of the firm’s planning practice. Anish will oversee the firm’s planning and urban design practice from studios in Atlanta, Chicago, Dubai, and Shanghai.
• The Special Systems Design Group of Baltimore-based RTKL has promoted Darren L. Vican to VP. Based in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, his work focuses on the design, installation, and management of telecommunications systems. For more: www.BDCnetwork.com.