• Flack + Kurtz, New York, has acquired SEi Companies, Boston. Together, the firms employ more than 600 MEP engineers. SEi Companies is known for its engineering expertise in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, sustainable design, and communication technologies. Flack + Kurtz is part of London-based WSP Group. WSP also owns WSP Cantor Seinuk and operates WSP Environmental Strategies. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Philadelphia-based EwingCole has hired healthcare design expert John Michael Currie, AIA, FRSH, as a leader in the firm's Washington, D.C., office. Currie's responsibilities will include expanding the firm's national healthcare practice, including new business and client development and project leadership.
• Chicago-based Rolf Jensen & Associates has opened an office in Dubai to serve projects in the Middle East, including Burj Dubai, the world's tallest building. Shamim Rashid-Sumar will lead the office.
• Omaha, Neb.-based Leo A Daly has named Peter A. Nimmer, RA, LEED AP, VP and director of operations for the firm's Phoenix office. Prior to joining Leo A Daly, Nimmer was the director of architecture at M&W Zander in Phoenix.
• SB Architects, San Francisco, has named three new principals to the practice, all based in the firm's home office: Bruce Wright, AIA, Thomas Sprinkle, AIA, and Mark Sopp, LEED AP.
• Gaithersburg, Md.-based Hubert Construction has promoted its president, JJ McCarthy, to CEO. Current EVP Matt Shea will take over as the firm's president.
• Houston-based Walter P Moore has named James Jacobi, PE, and Viral Patel, PE, LEED AP, senior principals of the firm.
• DFD CornoyerHedrick, a Phoenix-based architecture firm, has changed its name to DAVIS. The name DFD CornoyerHedrick was created after DFD Architecture acquired Cornoyer Hedrick in 2001. For more:www.BDCnetwork.com.