Orange County children’s hospital raising new state-of-the-art patient tower
Construction of a new 425,524-sf patient tower is under way at the Children’s Hospital of Orange County in Orange, Calif. The $558 million facility, with its pediatric surgical suites and laboratory, pathology, imaging, and radiology services, will feature low-emitting insulating exterior glass panels, green roofing, low-emitting interior materials, and construction site waste reduction. The Building Team is led by FKP Architects of Houston, with WBSA, Irvine, Calif., and the Newport Beach office of McCarthy Building Companies (general contractor).
More like this
- December 2011: On the Drawing Board
- McCarthy introduces high school students to a career in construction
- Healthcare designers and builders, beware: the ‘Obamacare’ clock is ticking down to midnight [2013 Giants 300 Report]
- Rodgers Builders Completes Two Major Projects
- Pediatric hospitals improve care with flexible, age-sensitive design