Ontario town hall marries tradition with modernity

July 05, 2011

The new town hall serving Milton, Ont., (pop. 75,000), is the latest addition to the city’s civic campus, which dates to 1854. Designed by the Ventin Group, Brantford, Ont., the new 50,000-sf building sits just east of the former historic 19th-century town hall and uses similar design elements on the façade—such as stone walls and arched openings—but adds a decidedly modern interior with open, transparent public spaces and abundant natural light. The building was designed to meet LEED Silver certification.

Back to "New Projects Portfolio"

         
 

Comments on: "Ontario town hall marries tradition with modernity"