NSF Sustainability begins verifying EPDs that can be used for LEED V4
Nylon carpet from Mannington Commercial is among the first EPDs verified by the division of global independent public health organization NSF International.
NSF Sustainability has verified Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for nylon carpet styles and colors manufactured by Mannington Commercial and for J+J Flooring Group’s Kinetex® flooring product and Invision brand modular styles that use eKo® backing.
These are among the first EPDs verified by the division of global independent public health organization NSF International. EPDs are product environmental attribute reports used by government purchasers, green builders and owners, architects and interior designers to help make more informed product decisions to meet environmental purchasing goals.
EPDs are recognized globally, and as a preferred reporting tool in the new LEED V4 Green Building Rating System Standard Drafts expected to be released later this year.
More like this
- Health Product Declaration Collaborative to develop protocol for third-party verification of HPDs
- Floors stepping up their profile
- GREENBUILD 2011: UL Environment clarifies emerging environmental product declaration field
- First EPD awarded to exterior roof and wall products manufacturer
- Armstrong Issues Environmental Product Declarations On Nine Popular Ceiling and Steel Suspension Systems