New office building features largest solar panel system in New Orleans
Woodward Design+Build celebrates grand opening of new green headquarters in Central City.
Woodward Design+Build announced the opening of its new, multi million-dollar headquarters located in New Orleans. Entirely designed and built by the Woodward team, the 45,000 square foot facility showcases Woodward’s fully integrated design and build process as well as the latest advances and techniques in the field.
Woodward crafted its headquarters with a goal of attaining LEED Silver Certification. A total of 235 solar panels sit atop the building’s roof making it the largest solar energy system in New Orleans.
The panels help supply 20% of the building’s energy needs by sending surplus energy back into the grid. Another energy efficient feature is the highly reflective roof coating, which minimizes the full impact of the midday sun. Even the building’s orientation to the street was designed relative to the sun, optimizing northern day lighting to provide plenty of natural light in workspaces. BD+C
More like this
- Summit Design+Build begins renovation of Chicago’s Esquire Theatre
- Summit Design+Build selected at GC for new Office Concepts headquarters
- Summit Design+Build completes Park Place in Illinois
- Summit Design+Build completes Emmi Solutions HQ
- Summit Design+Build selected as GC for Chicago recon project