New hospital expands Idaho healthcare options
Ascension Group Architects, Arlington, Texas, is designing a $150 million replacement hospital for Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho. An existing facility will be renovated as part of the project. The new six-story, 320-000-sf complex will house 187 beds, along with an intensive care unit, a cardiovascular care unit, pediatrics, psychiatry, surgical suites, rehabilitation clinic, and an ED. Layton Construction is GC on the project, with completion expected in mid-2011.
More like this
- Perkins+Will master plans Vedanta University teaching hospital in India
- New website highlights government tax incentives for large commercial buildings
- Jacobs, Arup, AECOM top BD+C's ranking of the nation's 75 largest international design firms
- Section Eight Design wins 2009 Open Architecture Challenge for classroom design
- Robert Cassidy, editor of Building Design+Construction, to speak at AIA 2009 Summer Leadership Summit (July 24-26) in Chicago