New health center to focus on education and awareness
Construction is getting pumped up at the new Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the University of Colorado, Denver. The four-story, 94,000-sf building will focus on healthy lifestyles and disease prevention. Plans include a nutrition lab, bistro, clinical trial center, classrooms, and a holistic wellness lounge with rooftop garden. A two-story fitness center, complete with therapy pool, steam room, and demonstration kitchen, will put fitness on display via the building’s transparent north façade. Cannon Design collaborated with H+L Architecture on the project.
More like this
- Tips for designing with fire rated glass - AIA/CES course
- UC-Denver gets a medical library
- RJM Construction begins building Nova Classical Academy in St. Paul
- Community center under way in NYC seeks LEED Platinum
- A feast of dining options at University of Colorado community center, but hold the buffalo stew