National Intrepid Center tops out at Walter Reed
SmithGroup, Turner Construction, and the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund (IFHF), a nonprofit organization supporting the men and women of the United States Armed Forces and their families, celebrated the overall structural completion of the National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE), an advanced facility dedicated to research, diagnosis, and treatment of military personnel and veterans suffering from traumatic brain injury. The $65 million, 72,000-sf facility, due to open next spring, will provide the most advanced services in diagnostic imaging, clinical care and rehabilitation, staff and patient education, and clinical research in the treatment of traumatic brain injury. It will serve as a prototype for similar military and civilian TBI centers worldwide.
More like this
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence tops out at Walter Reed
- Construction begins on military centers to treat TBI and PTS
- Intrepid Center Heals Soldiers’ ‘Invisible Wounds’
- Silver Award: Rehabilitation Center Rebuilds Wounded War Heroes
- Rehabilitation Center for Wounded Veterans Taking Shape at Fort Sam Houston