Must see: 220 years of development on Capitol Hill in one snazzy 3D flyover video
The Architect of the Capitol this week released a dramatic video timeline of 220 years of building development on Capitol Hill.
July 19, 2013
The Architect of the Capitol this week released a video timeline of 220 years of building development on Capitol Hill. The three-minute flyover video simulates the construction of 17 federal government buildings, from 1793 to 2008, using digital 3D models.
The video features the following buildings:
- U.S. Capitol - 1793
- Thomas Jefferson building - 1897
- Cannon House Office Building - 1908
- Russell Senate Office Building - 1909
- Capitol Power Plant - 1910
- Longworth House Office Building - 1933
- Botanic Garden Conservatory - 1933
- Supreme Court building - 1935
- John Adams Building - 1939
- Dirksen Senate Office Building - 1958
- Rayburn House Office Building - 1965
- Chestnut, Eney, Gibson Memorial Building - 1974
- Ford Office Building - 1975
- James Madison Memorial Building - 1980
- Hart Senate Office Building - 1982
- Thurgood Marshall Federal Judiciary Building - 1992
- Capitol Visitor Center - 2008
If you're a Game of Thrones fan, check out this version, which is set to the show's dramatic score.