MKK participates in BSA Engineering Merit Badge day
MKK Consulting Engineers, Inc. (MKK) recently participated in the Engineer Merit Badge Day at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO on September 17, 2011.
MKK principal Craig Watts attended the event as a representative of the MEP (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) engineering industry to give scouts an idea of what’s involved in becoming a mechanical engineer, and an overview of a typical day in the life of an engineer.
“The day was very rewarding,” stated Craig. “The Boy Scouts were very interested in the projects that were saving energy. I was able to show them the difference in temperature and energy savings between compact fluorescent and incandescent by using a digital temperature measuring device. They could connect with this example because they all had seen these different lighting devices in their own houses. It was great to see that the kids showed such a strong interest in the environment and responsible energy use.”
The event was sponsored by the Boy Scouts of America and the local chapter of SAME (Society of American Military Engineers). BD+C
More like this
- Special Recognition Award: The Girl Scouts: Building confidence, character and a new Headquarters
- Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council Program Place Project Houston, Texas
- Meet BD+C's 40 Under 40 class of 2013
- Suffolk Construction launches subcontractor development series
- Caruso to lead Gensler’s Asia talent development