Middough 60th Anniversary
CLEVELAND, Ohio (Aug. 26, 2010)— Middough Inc., a top ranking U.S. architectural, engineering and management services company, announces the celebration of its 60th anniversary. This announcement was made by President and CEO, Ronald R. Ledin, PE.
When William V. Middough first opened the company in 1950, he based it on strong personal values where honesty and trust would be his guide and his word and handshake were as good as gold. These founding values remain true today and are the cornerstone of Middough’s success.
As Middough celebrates its 60th year in business, the company has developed many long-term relationships with its clients over the years. Middough is proud to have its very first client from the metals industry since its doors opened, as a key customer today, as well as many other long-term signature clients. Middough is proud to continue its legacy of being the company known for that special talent and expertise at providing innovation and “know-how” beyond traditional architectural, engineering and construction services.
“Middough has loyal clients and strives to provide each one with the one-on-one attention they so richly deserve,” states Ledin. “While maintaining our focus on expanding our client base, Middough has also invested in development and training, has acquired new technologies, expanded its executive leadership team and has moved into new geographic markets to continue the company’s growth to record levels.”
Middough has been able to diversify by expanding its industry base. As a top company within the industries it serves, Middough has grown to a full-service organization with more than 800 associates and has an integrated network of regional and local offices specializing in delivering complex process and facilities.
- Formally founded as W. Vance Middough & Associates in 1950
- Signed its first client who is still a client today, ArcelorMittal (formerly LTV Steel) in 1950
- Assisted in the decision and implementation of the conversion of the Great Lakes Towing Co. fleet of tugboats from steam to diesel in the 1950s
- Provided engineering services for the conversion of the Staten Island Ferry’s from steam to diesel in 1965
- Designed the power distribution system for Newton Falls, Ohio in the 1960s
- William V. Middough is formally recognized in the “Who’s Who” in the 1960s
- Middough performs international projects in the 1970s
- Ronald R. Ledin, PE becomes president and CEO in 1978
- Company relocates its corporate office to East 13th Street, Cleveland, Ohio in 1983
- Company expands by opening two additional offices in Chicago, IL and Toledo, Ohio in 1995
- Middough purchases MicroTech in Corning, NY in 1998
- Company expands its offices to the east, south and west in the 2000s.
- Services the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets in 2005
- Middough develops a major projects group in 2007
- Hit 800 employee milestone mark in 2009
- Celebrated 20 years being below the average OSHA Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) for its Safety Management Program in 2010
- Introduced its first brand campaign “Performance You Trust™” in 2010
- Opened its newest office location in Northwest Indiana, bringing its total office locations to 13, in 2010
“Our goal is to build loyalty by delivering exceptional performance, quality and cost efficiencies to our clients,” expresses Ledin. “It’s this client focus for more than 60 years that has been central to our growth and has been an important factor in establishing Middough’s market leadership.”
As it begins its seventh decade, Middough has become a pivotal force in the industries it serves. The company’s growth plan includes diversification into new markets, expansion of current market base, geographic expansion and the establishment of new locations, solicitation of larger projects, increased strength and flexibility of project management utilizing Middough Advanced Project Procedures (M.A.P.P.), as well as continuing to provide its clients with performance they can trust.
About Middough Inc.
For more than 60 years, Middough Inc. has been recognized for its performance and leadership as an international company in architecture, engineering and management services. With major offices in Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, St. Louis and Toledo and additional offices nationally comprising more than 800 professionals, Middough provides a full-range of traditional and specialized design, technical and management services worldwide.
For more information about Middough, visit www.middough.com.