Miami to get mixed-use hotel
Florida East Coast Realty and Sonesta International Hotels Corp. are partnering to develop a 40-story mixed-use hotel tower in Miami. Located in the Arts and Entertainment District, the Sonesta Mikado will include 252 luxury hotel rooms, office space, and numerous amenities, including a full-service upscale restaurant, pool bar and grille, flexible banquet and meeting space, fitness center, spa, and a 12th-floor pool deck. Designed with a modern Asian theme by Zyscovich Architects, Miami, Mikado takes its name from The Mikado, a comedic opera by Gilbert and Sullivan. Completion: 2011.
More like this
- Manhattan's latest boutique hotel will be LEED Silver certified
- Triangular tower targets travelers
- Five-star resort breaks ground on the Black Sea
- Urban Land Institute honors five 'outstanding' developments in Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- South Florida transit-oriented development gets city approval