The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a new Voluntary Classification Settlement Program that allows an employer to reclassify independent contractors as employees if those workers previously were misclassified. According to the IRS, there will be no interest charges or penalties, and, if reported, the IRS will not audit an employer on payroll taxes related to reclassified workers for previous years. More details, including frequently asked questions, are available by clicking here.
More like this
- Regulators charge pervasive abuse of construction workers in Connecticut
- Safety programs that discourage workers from reporting injuries may violate federal regulations
- OSHA launches pilot program for alternative dispute resolution on whistleblower complaints
- Caution on UCLA study of worker productivity at 'green companies'
- Safety regulation compliance is reducing construction site fatalities