IPMSC chooses members of committee for global property measurement standard
The International Property Measurement Standards Coalition (IPMSC) has selected 19 real estate experts from around the world to join its Standards Setting Committee to develop a global standard for measuring property. Currently, the way property assets are measured can vary considerably from country to country, making it difficult for global investors and occupiers to accurately compare space. The implementation of a global property measurement standard would create consistent measurement, increased global financial stability, more accurate and consistent financial reporting, stronger investor confidence and a more transparent marketplace.
More like this
- BOMA International joins coalition to standardize how buildings are measured
- CoreNet Global to real estate execs: 'Move forward on net-zero'
- World Property Summit in Sydney, Australia, set for October 19-21, 2009
- More companies willing to pay extra for green office space
- Corporate Real Estate Executives Urge Chinese to Get Greener