Insulation Institute created by trade association as comprehensive resource
Website will provide current information about fiberglass and mineral wool insulation products.
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Builders, code officials, insulation contractors, architects and building scientists now have a new resource to rely on for insulation knowledge. The Insulation Institute™ is a central gathering place for all building products professionals and users. Its website, blog, case studies and fact sheets educate the industry with the information to make confident insulation choices.
This newly developed resource, located at InsulationInstitute.org, provides factual, up-to-date information about the industry’s preferred choice of insulation materials — fiberglass and mineral wool. Visitors will find a wealth of facts, data and benefits on these two insulation types, including educational videos, product and performance literature and frequent blog posts with the latest industry insights.
The Insulation Institute also features a panel of industry experts, who will contribute to the blog as well as future webinars and other resources. The Insulation Institute expert panel includes:
• JR Babineau, building scientist for Johns Manville
• Clarke Berdan II, R&D leader for Owens Corning
• Rocky Boyer, North American manager, Energy Design Centre for Roxul, Inc.
• Charles Cottrell, vice president, technical services for the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA)
• Lucas Hamilton, manager, building science applications for CertainTeed Corp.
• Scott Miller, director of sustainability for Knauf Insulation
• Jim Shriver, director of technical services for Thermafiber, Inc.
• Tyler Stuettgen, R&D director for Guardian Insulation
Education and knowledge are critical for success in the insulation industry, and Insulation Institute aims to keep professionals current on the information they need to build high-performance insulation systems in the most progressive builds.
About Insulation Institute
The North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA) — the recognized voice of the insulation industry — created the Insulation Institute™ to leverage its members’ combined insulation expertise and educate the industry with the knowledge to make informed insulation choices. The Insulation Institute™ aims to educate the industry on the key benefits of fiber glass and mineral wool insulation.