Hurry! Response to DOE ENERGY STAR criteria due March 25, 2009
The U.S. Department of Energy has announced the release of the ENERGY STAR for Windows, Doors, and Skylights Revised Draft Criteria and Report. This revised draft contains DOE’s latest assessment of the ENERGY STAR program, including their consideration of the stakeholder comments submitted last November, as well as consideration of recent limits contained in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
The Revised Draft compares favorably with the comments submitted by WDMA last November. As a result of our comments, DOE has changed the criteria to:
· Reflect criteria for 4 climate zones instead of six,
· Modify the criteria for windows to reflect a broader range of available products,
· Modify the criteria for skylights to reflect available products,
· Modify the criteria for doors to correctly reflect glazing combinations,
· Continue to evaluate additional requirements for submission of shipment data.
DOE is accepting comments on this latest draft until March 25, 2009. WDMA will be formulating our formal response For more information on what WDMA is doing, contact Jeff Lowinski at 312-673-5891 or via email at email@example.com.
The complete text of the DOE announcement is available from the links below.
Cover letter from Richard H. Karney , P.E., ENERGY STAR Program Manager http://www.drintl.com//htmlemail/CoverLetter_11Mar09.pdf
ENERGY STAR for Windows, Doors, and Skylights Revised Draft Criteria and Report http://www.drintl.com//htmlemail/WindowsDoorsSkylights_RevisedCriteriaAnalysis_11Mar09.pdf