GreenExpo365.com to offer webinars on EPA’s WaterSense Program
Architects and builders interested in developing water-efficient buildings invited to attend free sessions featuring experts discussing water-efficient building practices.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that at least 36 states will face water shortages by 2013. It’s a problem not limited to the desert Southwest, but stretches to the Midwest, Florida, Georgia and other regions. The EPA’s WaterSense program is designed to decrease indoor and outdoor nonagricultural water use through more efficient products, equipment and programs.
Architects and builders interested in developing more water-efficient buildings can learn the ins-and-outs of the WaterSense program during a series of four free live webinars hosted online at GreenExpo365.com May 9.
Experts from the EPA, along with architects and builders will present ways to design and build water-conscious homes and buildings, and be available to answer questions.
The presentation schedule is:
- Wednesday, May 9, 8:00 a.m. Pacific / 11:00 a.m. Eastern Jonah Schein, EPA WaterSense Program Technical & Certification Coordinator for New Homes: “Design Leads the Way: Why and How Architects Should Design with Water in Mind”
- Wednesday, May 9, 9:30 a.m. Pacific / 12:30 p.m. Eastern Alicia Marrs, EPA WaterSense Program New Homes Partnerships Marketing & Outreach Specialist: “Talk it Up! Communicating the Value of a Water Efficient Home”
- Wednesday, May 9, 11:00 a.m. Pacific / 2:00 p.m. Eastern Amber Lefstead, EPA Water Sense Program Outdoor Coordinator, and Tamara Mittman, EPA Office of Wastewater Management Environmental Engineer: “Water Conservation in the Great Outdoors – Thinking about Landscaping in a New Way”
- Wednesday, May 9, 1:00 p.m. Pacific / 4:00 p.m. Eastern Matt Stevens, Green Zone Home; CR Herro, Meritage Homes, Vice President of Environmental Affairs; and Jonah Schein, EPA WaterSense Program: “WaterSense in Action: Tips and Examples from an Architect, a Builder and a Verifier”
All sessions are free to attend. For more information, visit http://www.greenexpo365.com/en/about/events/upcoming_events_news_feed/may-9-watersense-breakout-session---full-day-educa_h05s6ise.html. BD+C
More like this
- Kohler, Lowe's, three others honored as EPA WaterSense Partners of the Year
- CSI’s sustainability practice group offers webinar on EPA's WaterSense Program
- Kohler repeats as WaterSense Partner of the Year
- Free webinar on Designing and Building Green Schools scheduled for June 20
- 5. Certification Programs + Water Performance