Green in the Windy City: A sample of Chicago’s sustainable architecture in the works
Chicago’s Museum of Contemporary Art is hosting an exhibit, “Sustainable Architecture in Chicago: Works in Progress,” that presents several green projects currently in design or construction by Chicago-based architects. The projects were selected because they reflect a rising awareness of the need to create architecture and open space for enhanced public use while conserving resources and contributing positively to the life of the city and its inhabitants. A sampling of the projects are presented on this opening spread.
More like this
- City Design Leader Enquist honored for conservation leadership
- Modern market coming to downtown Chicago
- Chicago Architecture Foundation partners with seven renowned architects to re-imagine Chicago neighborhoods
- Murphy/Jahn designs affordable housing on the near north side
- Chicago Architecture Foundation lists architecture tours and cruises for spring 2009