Green designs should cut government’s energy bills
With $25 billion in annual power and fuel costs, the U.S. government is the largest single energy consumer in the nation and among the largest in the world thanks to the more than 500,000 buildings the government leases or owns. The Obama administration will spend $4.5 billion by next September on federal green building and renovation projects in order to cut energy costs and usage and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 28% by 2020.
More like this
- Summit unites federal agencies on sustainability
- BD&C's Report from the White House Summit on federal sustainable buildings
- Chapter 1 Reconstruction: ‘The 99% Solution’ for Energy Savings in Buildings
- High-Performance Building Systems: Mechanical, Electrical, and Controls Systems
- How to win more work from community colleges