Green building market grows 50% in two years; Green Outlook 2011 report
The U.S. green building market is up 50% from 2008 to 2010—from $42 billion to $55 billion-$71 billion, according to McGraw-Hill Construction's Green Outlook 2011: Green Trends Driving Growth report. Today, a third of all new nonresidential construction is green; in five years, nonresidential green building activity is expected to triple, representing $120 billion to $145 billion in new construction.
More like this
- GREENBUILD 2011: Growing green building market supports 661,000 green jobs in the U.S.
- GREENBUILD 2011: Sustainable construction should stress durability as well as energy efficiency
- GREENBUILD 2011: Johnson Controls announces Panoptix, a new approach to building efficiency
- GREENBUILD 2011: Schools program receives grant to track student conservation results
- GREENBUILD 2011: Brick offers growing options for sustainable building design