Florida International University's cantilevered design
Suffolk Construction's Miami-Dade business unit is serving as GC for the $14 million School of International and Public Affairs building at the University Park Campus of Florida International University. Designed by Arquitectonica, Miami, the five-story, 58,408-sf building will have a café and three auditoriums on the ground level; the largest auditorium will have a 40-foot cantilever above a Japanese garden. The building's upper floors will house classroom space and faculty offices. Sustainable features including waterless urinals and a green roof, should help the building earn LEED Silver. A fall 2010 completion date is expected.
More like this
- North Miami to get a new high school
- City offices to up daylight, reduce water use
- Keith Gere named Director of Engineering Services at Saginaw's Duro-Last Roofing Inc.
- Perkins+Will master plans Vedanta University teaching hospital in India
- Building Systems commissioning and retro-commissioning training program: Chicago, September 23, 2009