Firestone Building Products prioritizes innovation at new global tech center
Following completion of construction in spring 2012, the center is now fully staffed and operational.
Firestone Building Products Company LLC, a leading manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive "Roots to Rooftops" system of building envelope solutions, has made a major investment in innovation with a new Global Technical Center. Following the completion of construction in spring 2012, the center is now fully staffed and operational with advanced analytical testing technologies in place. The center is located in Fishers, Ind., near Indianapolis.
"The Global Technical Center continues the company's long tradition of excellence in R&D," said Tim Dunn, President of Firestone Building Products. "The multimillion dollar investment in this state-of-the-art facility reflects our priority commitment to customers and to the continuous improvement of our products."
According to Jeff Henegar, Director of Research and Development at Firestone Building Products, the Global Technical Center has increased capabilities for compounding and prototyping as well as upgraded, advanced wind uplift testing systems.
"Firestone Building Products is one of the most trusted names in construction materials," said Henegar. "R&D led the way to new products like our ISOGARD HD Coverboard and UltraWhite Modified Bitumen Capsheet. We're excited that the Global Technical Center will serve as a springboard for cutting-edge discoveries leading to the next generation of products for the commercial construction market." +
More like this
- Tremco Commercial Sealants & Waterproofing Unveils Sustainable Building Solutions Test Facility
- Firestone Building Products wins 2012 RoofPoint Excellence in Design Award for 'global leadership' and 'advancing sustainable roofing'
- Thornton Tomasetti/Fore Solutions provides consulting for Biologics Support Center
- KTGY Group’s Arista Uptown Apartments in Broomfield, Colo. completed
- Best AEC Firms of 2011/12