Federal home weatherization program has impacted 6.8 million homes
The Recovery Act provided the WAP with an unprecedented level of funding: $5 billion over three years, compared to an average annual budget of approximately $200 million.
The weatherization program has supported over 14,000 jobs.
December 22, 2011
More like this
- USGBC commends U.S. House's economic recovery proposal for including $14 billion for greening and renovation of public schools
- Stimulus bill requires states to update energy codes
- Senate ready to repeal 3% withholding on government contracts
- GSA signs lease for temporary housing during headquarters modernization
- Seattle project to turn 1940s warehouse into LEED Gold workspace for Army Corps of Engineers