The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recently announced an Energy Star rating for multi-family high-rise buildings. Prior multi-family ratings were for low-rise properties only. The designation may be applied to new and substantially renovated properties that are designed to be at least 15% more energy efficient than ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2007.
More like this
- Jones Lang LaSalle: 544 employees achieve sustainability accreditation
- Ground broken for adaptive reuse project
- Senators introduce energy-efficiency renovations program for commercial buildings
- Chapter 6 Energy Codes + Reconstructed Buildings: 2012 and Beyond
- National Green Building Standard for residential construction approved by International Code Council